The municipal corporation of Delhi has its complete rules and guidelines for residents of Delhi to pay MCD tax. Hence, Delhi residents need to pay these taxes. All types of property in Delhi, even if they are vacant, that come under the preview of the municipal corporation of Delhi are liable for MCD property tax. Three new bodies were introduced in 2012 by the municipal corporation of Delhi. These bodies are east Delhi, South Delhi, and North Delhi. The residents belong to their particular and respective bodies in Delhi MCD property within the given deadline. It is easy to pay mcd property tax 2023-24 through an online portal of http://www.mcdpropertytax.in. Here is a complete guide on paying MCD tax online in Delhi.
How to pay MCD property tax in Delhi online?
Here are the steps to pay MCD property tax in Delhi online.
● Open the official website of MCD property tax: http://www.mcdpropertytax.in
● Select the area of Delhi from which the MCD property tax in Delhi has to be paid. Choose the options from South Delhi MCD, North Delhi MCD, and East Delhi MCD.
● Since you choose a particular Delhi part to pay MCD property tax, the website will instantly take you to a different web page.
● Terms and conditions will appear on your screen. Tick the box to agree to all the terms and conditions. Click on the option known as click here to file property tax.
● There are two options present on this page. These options are property ID year and property ID for mcd online property tax paid in 2023-24. Select any of these options and fill in your property ID number.
● An option known as a first-time online taxpayer is available on the web page for people who are first time paying MCD tax. The option is also available for allotment of property ID if it has not been allotted to you already. The website will take you to a different web page by clicking on this option. Here you must fill in the necessary details about you and your property. Click on the submit option. The property ID will be allotted to you on your given or registered mobile number, which can be used to pay future MCD taxes.
● By entering the property ID, the website will take you to a different web page. This web page contains all the necessary information about your property ownership.
● Enter details about your property, and payable tax about your property ownership can be calculated instantly. Click on the submit option.
● There are various online payment options for mcd property tax through the website, such as credit cards, debit cards, and net banking. You can choose any of these options.
● Once you have paid your mcd property tax online, click the generate challan option. It will be displayed on your screen and can be downloaded for future reference.
How to find out your jurisdiction for property tax calculation in Delhi?
To get your jurisdiction for mcd property tax calculation in Delhi, you must know which area or region in Delhi you live in. The municipal corporation of Delhi divided the Delhi region into three bodies. These bodies are South Delhi, North Delhi, and East Delhi. Property tax calculation in Delhi depends upon the region in which you can determine your south delhi mcd property tax, north mcd property tax, and east delhi mcd property tax, respectively.
How to pay property tax online without a property ID?
There is another method to pay property tax online without a property ID in Delhi. Unique Property Identification Code has now replaced property id by the municipal corporation of Delhi. It is a unique code of 15 numeric as well as alphabet digits. Paying property tax online with a unique property identification code is possible. If you do not have your unique property identification code or UPIC, contact Delhi's municipal corporation or any local counter.
Know about Top Best Places to Live in Delhi
What are the property Tax Rates in Delhi?
The property tax rates in Delhi, according to their specific categories as well as locations, are given below:
Related Information on YEIDA Plot Scheme
How to calculate MCD property Tax by Calculator?
It is very easy to calculate MCD property tax through a calculator. The calculation for this tax depends on a simple formula that can be used to find the Tax amount through a calculator. This formula is given below:
MCD Property Tax = Annual value x Rate of tax
● The annual value in the MCD property tax formula is determined by: Property Tax = Unit area value per square meter x Structure factor x Age factor x The covered area of property x Use factor x Flat factor x Occupancy factor.
● The category of the property determines the factor known as Unit area value per square meter.
● The construction of the required property helps to determine the structure factor.
● The age factor of a property can be determined from 0.5 to 1 scale. The new properties in determine have higher tax value than older properties.
● The usage of a property is used to determine the use factor, which the municipal corporation of Delhi sets.
● The total area a flat covers helps to determine the flat factor in the given formula.
● The occupancy factor of the property is determined by whether the property is self-owned, cell occupied, or rented.
Related Information on How to find Delhi Land Records online on the Bhulekh Portal?
Rebates on MCD Property Tax in Delhi
Conditions for availing of the rebate/concessions
● The total amount of MCD property tax that has to be paid by you is also available for a 15% discount. This discount is only available if the tax paid in the year's first quarter is a lump sum.
● The total amount of MCD property tax that has to be paid by group housing flats is also available for a discount of 20%.
● The total amount of MCD property tax that has to be paid by the ex-serviceman is also available for a discount of 30%.
● The total MCD property tax on DDA and CGHS flats up to 100 square meters is also available for a discount of 10%.
● The total MCD property tax that has to be paid by disabled women and senior citizens is also available for a discount of 30%. This offer is only available for one property.
Related Information on What is DDA (Delhi Development Authority)
Conditions for Availing of the Rebate/Concessions
● The factor of occupancy should be residential.
● The use factor for the property should be self-occupied.
● Rebate offers are only available for 200 square meters for flats other than DDA and CGHS flats because they have a limit of 100 square meters.
● Rebate offers can be availed by joint owners depending upon the property shared by the owners and who can qualify for a rebate or concession on property tax.
Related Information on Why should you invest in Punjabi Bagh, Delhi?
Penalty for delay in Property Tax Payment
● The deadline for the payments of mcd property tax in delhi is announced by Delhi Municipal Corporation (DMC).
● The delay in the payment of MCD property tax in Delhi is forwarded by a fine of 1% on the tax every month till the final MCD Tax amount is paid.
Modes of Payment available for Paying MCD Property Tax in Delhi?
Two modes of payment are available for paying MCD property tax in Delhi. The first method is online, which is also mentioned above, step by step. The payment for paying MCD property tax in Delhi can also be made offline from any of the 800 counters available in Delhi. Once the payment is made, the counter will provide you a receipt for the payment of MCD property tax which can also be used for future references for payment. If you lost your previous allotted property ID, the required authorities would issue you a new one. But this can create many problems for future payments of tax.