BDA stands for Bangalore Development Authority (BDA). BDA is responsible for planning, regulating, controlling, monitoring and facilitating sustainable urban development in the Bangalore metropolitan area. Various departments under BDA undertake these development activities.
About Bangalore Development Authority (BDA)
BDA is divided into four departments- The administrative department, the engineering department, the Town planning department, the land acquisition department, the finance department, the law department, the special task force department and the estate section.
● The administrative Department of BDA looks after the allotment of site, houses, CA sites and their post-allotment work. It is also responsible for assessing and collecting property tax for sites/ houses in Bangalore and collecting lease amounts from commercial shops.
● Engineering Department executes various schemes and undertakes infrastructure works. The department monitors water supply and drainage work or electrification undertaken by the BDA, BWSSB and BESCOM.
● Town Planning Department prepares and revises the Master Plan for the Bangalore Metropolitan Area and layout plans and assists the authority.
● The land Acquisition Department works closely with the engineering department to acquire land required for various projects.
● Finance Department As the name suggests, this department advises the authority on various financial issues and is responsible for managing accounts.
● Law Department, many legal issues and litigations are taken up by the Law Department under the BDA.
● The Law Department takes up Special Task Force Department or The many legal issues and litigations under the BDA.
● Estate Section is responsible for managing property records and their monitoring. It also identifies encroachments on authority land and recovers them. Other departments under the department include the public relations wing, EDP cell, forest and horticulture department, etc.
BDA organizes BDA site auctions for selling plots. BDA conducted an e-auction for corner sites between April 11 and May 1 2022. BDA sold 628 of the 1,036 corner plots in that auction. Those plots were sold for Rs 589.13 crore, which is higher than their base price of Rs 391.68 crore. The next BDA auction will take place from 18.2022 to 12.8.2022. The date and time for the commencement of e-auction and live bidding were 18.07.2022. There are 1500 plots available for this BDA site's auction.
Areas Covered Under BDA Auction
1. Anjanapura Township 8th Block
2. 2. Banashankari 6th Stage 4th Block
3. 3. Banashankari 6th Stage 3rd Block
4. 4. Kumaraswamy Layout 2nd stage (Govinayakanahalli)
5. 5. Anjanapura Township 2nd Block
6. 6. Anjanapura Township 6th Block
7. 7. Anjanapura Township 8th Block
8. 8. Anjanapura Township 3rd Block
9. 9. Jp Nagar 9th Phase 5th "B" Block
10. 10. Banashankari 6th Stage 5th Block
11. 11. Anjanapura Township 3rd "A" Block
12. 12. Banashankari 6th Stage 6th Block
13. 13. Banashankari 6th Stage 7th Block
14. 14. Banashankari 6th Stage 1st Block
15. 15. Banashankari 6th Stage 2nd Block
16. 16. Banashankari 6th Stage 3rd Block
17. 17. Banashankari 6th Stage 5th Block
18. 18. Sir M Vishveshwariah Layout 1st, 2sd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th block
19. 19. BTM 4th Stage 2nd Block
20. 20.Banashankari 6th stage near Gubbalahala, Hosahalli village & Turahalli
21. 21. NPKL Blocks
BDA Sites for sale in Bangalore
As per the BDA, the corner sites are up for sale in many new layouts, including Arkavathy, Anjanapura, Sir M Visweswaraiya, Nada Prabhu Kempe Gowda Layout, Rajaji Nagar, JP Nagar, Banashankari, RMN and BTM.
How to Apply BDA Sites 2022
To apply, there are two possible ways- online and offline. We will discuss both ways in detail now.
● OFFLINE PROCESS to apply offline, you will have to visit the nearest selected banks and ask for the BDA sites application form. After that, please fill out the application form and submit it to the same branch from where you bought the form. With the form, submit an id proof such as an Aadhar card or PAN Card. The application fee with be submitted along with the form; to submit that, you'll have to make a cheque or a DD. The provisional list for site allotment will be uploaded on the official website, followed by a final list. The remaining fee must be paid within 60 days of the allotment announcement. BDA registration fee varies based on the category you belong to-
6x9 dimension sites for EWS reserved sited: Rs. 500
6x9 dimension sites general category: Rs. 1,000
9x12 dimension sites for all categories of candidates: Rs. 2,000
12x18 dimension sites for all categories of candidates: Rs. 4,000
15x 24 dimension sites for all categories of candidates: Rs. 5,000
● ONLINE PROCESS to apply online, you will first have to go to the online portal of BDA (Bangalore development authority). On its home page, you will see several options, such as login and registration link, FAQ, gallery, find a property, etc. now, click on the login button. After this, you'll have to enter your user ID and password. If you are not already registered on the website, register yourself. To register, tap on the registration link; after that, you will have to fill in details like your full name, father's name/ husband's name, Aadhar cards number, PAN card number, mobile number, address, pin code, etc. after that, you will be required to upload a photocopy of Aadhar card/ PAN card/ domicile certificate/ caste certificate. Then you will have to enter your gender, DOB, email, marital status, city, and state and submit the registration form. His flats will be distributed on first-come, first-serve criteria. Once the registration form is filled, pay the application fees for BDA flats/ plots. After that, the department reserves a property for you under the new housing project. Now, this is how you can apply online for BDA sites in Bangalore.
Other Properties for sale in Bangalore
Properties are available all over Bangalore, just like any other city. Some of the other areas where other properties are available in- Tyagaraja Nagar, NR colony in Basavanagudi, Indira Nagar, in Jaya Nagar block 9, in 4th block east. Carpet area, in Rajajinagar, blocks 1, in Koramangala and many other areas.
ADVANTAGES OF BDA SITES
There are multiple benefits to it.
● The first is that the process is entirely transparent, which makes it trustworthy and reliable.
● Most of the offered properties here are corner plots.
● It is a safe investment and transaction.
● It is planned and developed by government bodies.
● Anyone in India can invest in these properties.
● BDA layouts are comparatively well developed with good infrastructure.
● There is a chance of winning the auction at less than the prevailing market price.
● It is hassle-free, as it is based on concerning laws and procedures.
BDA SITES have the best layouts and eco-system. All these factors are added advantages to it. This is one of the best options for someone looking for a hassle-free deal.